Photo above taken at PYC on March 30, 2022 of repairs to Swim Bay break wall.
In an effort to continually improve the Peachland Yacht Club for the safety and enjoyment of our members, we commenced marina improvements in early February 2021 and are estimated to be completed mid April 2022. Improvements include:
- February 2021 – Completed repairs to rip-rap damaged by 2017 flood. Repairs included:
- removal of scattered riprap rocks, approximately 3.0 m3 in volume, along a shoreline, approximately 13 m in length, which were eroded from an existing rock revetment within the marina.
- Installation of a short wall at the toe of the revetment as a support, which is comprised of 46 wooden piles.
- Placement of the removed rocks on the revetment.
- Addition of riprap rocks on the revetment.
- March 2021- Completed the reconfiguration of 14 slips to accommodate slightly larger boats and eliminated 2 unusable slips.
- March/April 2022 – Repairs to the entire Swim Bay break wall structure including replacing decking, timbers and piles where required.